Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Reflection using GoAnimate


I was a little nervous about this course because of my lack of experience using technology. When I was in school, the only technology we had was a movie projector and if you knew how to run it, then you were the technical person for the class. This class really put me at ease and gave me confidence to integrate technology in my classroom. The most use digital technology tools I encounter in this class were Movie Maker, Animoto, GoAnimate and Voice Thread to make digital stories. The blog is also a great tool to communicate with parents and even students outside our classroom. These tools will make my classroom more fun and enjoyable to my students because it’s something new and it’s very interactive. I have learned a great deal in this class, knowledge that gave me and understanding and confidence to discover new and expand ways to teach my students. I feel that my students and I could explore the many options in this digital age and how we could incorporate some of these tools into many other components of our curriculum. It’s going to be a challenge for all of us, but I now have the basics to expand my knowledge and explore many more digital tools that will benefit our whole class and support our learning.



5 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to how you were feeling at the beginning of the class. But...how about that it wasn't so bad after all. Like you I feel more at peace with technology and much more comfortable and confident in integrating technology into my instruction on a more consistent basis. Look at you using GoAnimate! Great video. Is GoAnimate similar to Voki? Is it relatively easy to use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juan, Congratulations in using GoAnimate. Must say, you look like President Obama n the GoAnimate. Your reflections reveal why this course is critical for teachers, especially those who need a jumpstart in understanding not only how to use the tools, but also more importantly what the tools do to enhance learning for students and to contribute to their literacy development.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juan, I felt the same way as you. I agree about the blog and it being a great tool to communicate with parents. I even remember was Pernille Ripp said during our Google Hangout that her parents questions are down because she communicates through her blogs. Wonderful job with the GoAnimate. Was it easy to use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juan, I am so proud of you! You did an excellent job navigating this course and all the technological tools, and as a result you were able to create some awesome digital projects. I hope you continue to use all this technology in the future, and if your students want to be Blog Pals with mine, we can set that up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, that is a great idea. Practice with KidBlog over the summer, and Juan, see if you can do the same. Also, Juan, since you and Michelle will be in class together in the fall, you have the advantage of doing some of the planning in person.

    ReplyDelete