Thursday, June 19, 2014

One Tin Soldier



This is my final draft for the digital story.  This time I created some narration to go with the images hoping it would enhance the impact of the story.  I had some difficulties adjusting the volume of both the song and my voice so my words could be heard.   My story is about a field trip my class took to the   Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center.  This is the final piece of a History unit about Connecticut.  At the end of the unit, the students had to research a Native American tribe from Connecticut.    I've been trying to set up this trip for three years, and since we made it this year, wanted to capture the whole experience for my students.   The song that I sue as a background is “One Tin Soldier “. This is a 1960's counterculture era anti-war song written by Dennis Lambert and Brian Potter. Canadian pop group The Original Caste first recorded the song in 1969. Here is the link to the museum's web site.  http://www.pequotmuseum.org/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment