Sunday, June 8, 2014

One Tin Soldier

This is my 1st draft of my digital story.  My students went on a field trip to the Machantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center as part of their unit on Connecticut's History.  As a performance assessment, the students were separated into four groups and each group had to research a particular Native American tribe from this region.  This video captured some of the images my students encounter during the trip.  A also wanted to create a story about the Pequot tribe and the consequences of their encounter with the Europeans through music by The Original Caste.  
http://www.pequotmuseum.org/default.aspx







  

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on your rough draft of the digital story Juan. I enjoyed the photos you took and the soundtrack you selected for the background music. I think you when you go to add your voice over the story it will come together nicely. Which photo story did you use to create this? What would you say was the most difficult part when creating it? I am still trying to figure out Windows Movie Maker so I think I might use Voice thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your digital story rough draft! Have you showed your students? I imagine they would love watching this and reliving their field trip. It would also be a great way to document the trip to show parents what students were required to do on the trip and what they learned about. If you were to use the video to show parents, you could record/video a few students saying what their favorite part of the trip was or one new fact they learned. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete